May 2013 Commencement
Sunday, May 19, 2013
A reception for graduates, their family and friends will be held in the Shell Building (adjacent to the Coliseum) immediately following the ceremony.
No RSVP is required for either commencement or the reception
Important Ceremony Information
- Graduates need to arrive at the coliseum by 8:30 a.m. to assemble for the processional
- Tickets are not necessary. Please invite your family and friends
- This will be the only graduation ceremony opportunity for Davis College graduates. There will be no full WVU ceremony.
- Cap and gowns are required and can be purchased at the WVU Bookstore or the Book Exchange.
- Persons needing a disability-related accommodation to participate in this event should contact Denise Hunnell by May 1, 2013. She can be reached at 304-293-2383 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additional Information for Students
- Students should check with their academic advisor to make sure they have a clean Degree Works audit. No student can graduate unless all requirements for their degree have been met and completed on Degree Works.
- Diplomas will be mailed out after commencement.
- If you are not participating in the commencement ceremony but are graduating in May, complete a non-attending form in 1002 Agricultural Sciences Building.
- Students purchasing academic regalia for commencement should note that tassel colors for majors in the Davis College are as follows:
- Maroon (Design and Merchandising)
- Russet (Forestry and Natural Resources )
- White (MDS)
- Yellow (Landscape Architecture)
- Maize (All other majors)
For complete details on Commencement weekend activities, visit http://graduation.wvu.edu/convocation.